Saturday, June 26, 2010

MONKEY ON MY BACK

This is another entry from my diary dated June 13th, 2010.

She saved my life?!?!

My cousin called me today, which is very rare. I am no longer going to smoke weed. She said she missed me (this is the only part of the conversation with my cousin the rest are thoughts) and I know I'm going crazy. I've felt it for years, and everyone said I should stop, but I never made it a real requirement. (My mind was racing and all of these are my thoughts and not the conversation with my cousin). I started to Google and it said right there that prolonged use of cannabis can cause psychosis. I feel it, my thoughts race, I hate myself, my thoughts and views aren't real. I don't do my school work, I have no social interactions, really... I feel so horrible about myself and it's time to change this. I need to stop I'm going to throw it down the drain (weed). I hear you God, Don stopped selling weed for me to stop smoking it. (My dealer had recently stopped selling) I've been thinking, a lot of the things around me have been signs from God. Like me seeing Danielle the one day that I didn't put my wig on my head. I finally decided to go natural and she said "it looks so cute". For the first time I'm goin to take heed and throw out this weed and no more weaves. I want something different I gotta make those necessary steps. THROW OUT THE WEED!!!! I want just one more spliff... just one! How about I promise that after this I WILL NEVER SMOKE AGAIN!!!!???? We'll see... but thanks Chrissy!!!

I am going to be my own best friend and allow myself to mess up and not look back and not be mad or sorry or unforgiving. I will do me and I will do my best for what I have!!!!

I smoked quite a bit after this entry, but am happy to say it's been over a week since my last spliff... YAY ME!!! I also smoked cigarettes for ten years and stopped that in February.


My mind often races and I fight with my demons out loud through my writing... I will continue to share my thoughts and hope you can follow the conversation.


Thanks for stopping by....


XOXO

Hopeful 2day

2 comments:

  1. yeah, writing is probably the best thing you can do. I came across ur blog on a forum. And I must stay you have inspired me to want to start my own blog. You and I are pretty similar. Been through many therapist, psychiatrist, etc. Been in college for 5 years and probably 2 years away from a degree (if I can get it together) due to my struggles with my mental illness. And the whole weed thing, I get you there. I use to be a fan of all kind of downers. Alcohol and anxiety meds bein my deal (weed never altered me the way I wanted it to). Been clean 6 months now and tryin to get ready to go back into school(uhg). But hey, keep posting, I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I truly appreciate it. Yea I have been thinking about the lack of resources out there for people like us and I think that we should definitely take the initiative to help each other. Let me know when you start your blog I will definitely follow it.

    Best of luck with school... Hopefully we can help each other through it.

    XOXO

    Hopeful 2day

    ReplyDelete